External Hardware need help!

mt2323

Hope you all are doing well....Cold af and snowing here in KY.....My question is this...I am going to start using external gear for mastering and going to insert it in Cubase 13 as a insert. Do i need 2 compressors for the external or will one work? I want the tracks to remain stereo. I know if I was running out of my interface into the gear I would need 2 but running as a insert/plugin would I still need 2? Thanks in advance....

Well, you need two channels of compression, but many compressors are two channel devices. You definitely need the gain reduction in the two channels to be linked, which is generally a matter of pushing a button on a two channel device, though some single channel devices can be linked with a cable.

For two track stereo processing you'll need two pieces of hardware - or as BSG said - a processor that is two channel to begin with.

I know that - for instance - the WA2A single channel optical compressor/limiter has the built in TRS jack and adjustment knob needed to link two of them together for stereo processing.

Back