Everything & More

Song is really good for this genre! That's the good news. The following is my opinion on how to make it sound more professional. First the mix is veiled and sounds congested. Sounds like a blanket is over it. Listen to some Michael Jackson for a reference. Vocal Production (sibilance, effects ,timing, phrasing) needs tweaking. Vocals could use more harmonies but maybe with mix correction what you have wouldn't be so buried. Vocals in first verse need a low cut and lower those breaths they are distracting. Pitch correction is a bit obvious in places and there are artifacts. What are you using Melodyne or auto tune?. Acoustic guitar VST needs to be replaced with a real acoustic imo, also there are a few timing issues with it(If you need I can track it for you). The Rhodes/wurliztzer intro sounds cool. I'd replace it with a slightly more realistic sounding one. Broken Wurl is really good post a link to the midi and I'll render it for you if you don't have it and send the wav.

Last edited:
Song is really good for this genre! That's the good news. The following is my opinion on how to make it sound more professional. First the mix is veiled and sounds congested. Sounds like a blanket is over it. Listen to some Michael Jackson for a reference. Vocal Production (sibilance, effects ,timing, phrasing) needs tweaking. Vocals could use more harmonies but maybe with mix correction what you have wouldn't be so buried. Vocals in first verse need a low cut and lower those breaths they are distracting. Pitch correction is a bit obvious in places and there are artifacts. What are you using Melodyne or auto tune?. Acoustic guitar VST needs to be replaced with a real acoustic imo, also there are a few timing issues with it(If you need I can track it for you). The Rhodes/wurliztzer intro sounds cool. I'd replace it with a slightly more realistic sounding one. Broken Wurl is really good post a link to the midi and I'll render it for you if you don't have it and send the wav.

Hi
Many thanks for your detailed comments & advice
the Vocal chain is a factory pre-set in Cubase 13 Pro
i used De Essing so not quite sure what parts are effected
I am sure i have a Wurly & that sounds like a good option i will take a look
Will let you now how i get on

Thanks
subvibe

Back