Entry Level Arturia Products

I've been looking at this, the Arturia Minilab - but also looking at the beatstep -- Anyone familiar with either of them?

My real question is more - how long do you use them before basically hungering after something bigger/better with more features etc... and if you do upgrade do you still use these or do you leave them behind? (answering this will help me either save up for something beyond them or pull the trigger on one or both of these).

cheers

R.

I don't have the Minilab or the Beatstep, but I do have other soft synths and a couple analog synths. I have a freebie version of A's Minimoog 8, and just picked up an Oberheim OB-X softsynth a few weeks ago. It sounds pretty good.

I think the analog synths are more fun to play and sound better, IMHO, than softsynths.

But the soft synths can do stuff that a monosynth will never do. Like be polyphonic.:)

I think the Beatstep would be very useful going forward. For $129 bucks you can't really go wrong. The Minilab has too few keys for my taste, but it has a lot of other handy features. If you are just getting started it's an inexpensive way to get into it. Next thing you know you'll want 3 or 4 Slim Phattys. :D

Back