Editing a Podcast with Cubase LE

charmmd

I am using Cubase LE. I have an audio file already recorded and I am trying to edit. The problem I am having is that track 1 is very clear and easy to hear. Tracks 2-5, I you can barely hear unless you use the "play" function in the editing tools and listen to each track individually. I have tried normalizing everything and nothing seems to be working. Is there something else I can do to make this work?

Hi,
could it be possible that the tracks are all fighting for the same spot in terms of panning? (Although I don't know how this would affect a podcast as much) Or possibly background noise interfering with the other sounds?

I am using Cubase LE. I have an audio file already recorded and I am trying to edit. The problem I am having is that track 1 is very clear and easy to hear. Tracks 2-5, I you can barely hear unless you use the "play" function in the editing tools and listen to each track individually. I have tried normalizing everything and nothing seems to be working. Is there something else I can do to make this work?

Were all the tracks recorded at the same time? Recorded at the same level? Recorded with same mic?

More information would be needed to understand what the issue is.

I am a long time Cubase user and you could send me the full project and I could likely find the best recourse for you. PM me.

Hi,
could it be possible that the tracks are all fighting for the same spot in terms of panning? (Although I don't know how this would affect a podcast as much) Or possibly background noise interfering with the other sounds?

A good thought, if this was a musical project with instruments fighting. Though you do bring up a point that it could be beneficial to pan some voices a bit for clarity if the podcast is in stereo. It could help.

But it sounds like there are issues with 4 tracks not being clear.

Pretty much impossible to determine what is going on without hearing the issue.

As I suggested, send me the project and I will be able to at least know if it is a Cubase resolved issue.

Back