Dumbass (me) - audio devices question

mjbphotos

Running Windows 7 64 bit.

Usual audio device configuratio nis my old Gateway stereo computer speakers for 'regular' use with the Realtek soundcar. Only use my JBL monitors with Reaper. However, yesterday, I wanted to listen to a sound file (soundcloud) with the JBLs, so I went into the Windows audio devices, disabled the Realtek, and I noticed it disappeared form the audio device list. I selected the JBLs, all was well.
So today, the Realtek still is not showing in the audio device block, when I kick up the Realtek window, it even shows I have the speakers plugged into it, but at the same time 'no devices plugged in' (and yes, I tried unplugging and replugging in).

How do I get the stupid computer to recognize the Realtek card and speakers?

You might have to reinstall the driver. Get a new one off the internet and realtek makes a decent little control panel for audio now anyway if you dont have it. Install that too I cant remeber if it is a seperate program.

Stupid question, but have you rebooted the PC? They usually pick up new devices on boot.

If you did reboot and it didn't find it, you could try disabling it in Task Manager and rebooting. :thumbs up:

Back