Drum programming software

chamelious

www.thesunexplodes.com
I've used fruityloops to program drums for years. I'd like some software that allows me to program in the same sort of way (programming patterns and arranging in a step sequencer kind of affair) but more powerful, aka allow for triplets, ghost notes and whatnot. Have no interest in preprogrammed loops and fills. I think im after something with its own sequencer basically, anything that requires me to program midi is a pain in the arse.

Thanks for any help.

The problem you have is that everything (that I have run into anyway) runs using midi.

I understand that visually a 16 step sequencer is easier to visualize what you want to do but learning how to program stuff using a midi editor is much MUCH more powerful.

I find a good compromise is cubases drum sequencer. Instead of a piano editor where you see bars that represent the on/off messages you see diamonds (with drums, note length rarely matters) and all the lanes can be labeled with their respective sounds using drum maps associated with what you are using (or GM if you are using a generic drum sound sample set).

Good luck with what your after.

a simpler option is to compose the drum on the guitar pro software, and then import the midi. I used to. excuse my English but I speak Spanish

Back