Drawmer CMC3 and KRK 12sho

BobbyD89

Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I setup the Drawmer CMC3 with the KRK 12sho sub? Drawmer has 1 1/4 and KRK has all kinds of options? What's the best way to connect them? I'd rather not run it through my other monitors so I can turn it on and off with Drawmer.

Hopefully this makes sense,

Thanks!
Bobz

The sub probably has stereo inputs and passthrough for using it without a controller, but it's a mono speaker so you can just go from the sub output of the controller to a convenient input of the sub. I'd stay balanced if possible.

So it's 1/4 inch out of the Drawmer but where do I plug it into my KRK? Do I need an adapter of sorts? Or is it better to run right and left to the sub and out to the monitors? (which I didnt want to do because I wanted to be able to turn off just the sub or monitors seperate with the Drawmer)

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_5267.jpeg
    IMG_5267.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 2.13.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 2.13.08 PM.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 4
The sub has 1/4" inputs. They're explicitly labeled balanced. I think it's safe to assume that the Drawmer has balanced outputs (though it's worth confirming). I'd run one TRS cable from the sub output of the Drawmer to the left 1/4" (presumably balanced TRS) input of the sub. You could try it with an unbalanced connection (typical instrument cable), which might be just fine.

The sub has 1/4" inputs. They're explicitly labeled balanced. I think it's safe to assume that the Drawmer has balanced outputs (though it's worth confirming). I'd run one TRS cable from the sub output of the Drawmer to the left 1/4" (presumably balanced TRS) input of the sub. You could try it with an unbalanced connection (typical instrument cable), which might be just fine.
Oh. Just one balanced TRS to the *left balanced input? I didn’t know if I needed to buy a 1/4 to 2 1/4 to plug to both left and right. Thank you for explaining!

Back