DR-44WL "Invalid" storage card

Panurg

Hi, I had inserted a 32GB SDHC card, Intenso. On starting, the message appeared: "Invalid card. Change card."
I would have exspected a "format" option, but no way there.
It is a micro-sd card with an adapter. Tried another adapter - same result.
What could be the issue here?
Should I re-format the card externally? (Which file system?)

P

I'd format it in NTSF and then see if the Tascam can accept the card. However - I have a Zoom that is very picky about the cards it uses, and another Zoom that doesn't seem to care at all. I don't know if when they initialise they do some kind of read/write test, and this is what triggers the fail? I guess you just need to try a different card.

Do the card adapters have 'lock' switches on them that could prevent the Tascam from seeing the card correctly?

I've used SanDisk in all my recorders (Tascam and Zoom) and have never had a problem.

I have one brand of USB thumb drives I use for playing mp3's in two different cars. One car will play the USB stick OK, but the other car will not recognize the same USB stick. Both cars are Toyota's with very similar audio systems. I have no idea why this happens, but evidently there is some difference in the audio system that makes it sensitive to the USB stick used.

Well, apparently I purchased a faulty card. Windows won't even resume the formatting. I'm not inclined to immerse into the "windows won't resume formatting"-matter but will rather return the card to the dealer, and period.
P

i had the same error notice just a couple of days ago but i was because i had a 64gb card and i only recently found out that they can only hold up to 32

Back