Downsizing rig question

fris9

Hello.....i play through a JCM2000 DSL 50 head and am looking to downsize my rig from the 4x12 Marshall Cab I currently have down to a 1x12 for live purposes (i play rhythm and sparingly). Looking at the Egnater Rebel 112. Seems like it can handle the wattage, the ohm thing confuses me. Will this combo work? Any potential problems?

Yup, should work. It's a 16 ohm cab. All Marshall heads that I know of have a 16 ohm jack. Lemme tell ya though, it's gonna sound NOTHING like your 4x12.

Oh I know....not looking for that. Looking for easy to and from show lugging. On the other hand, I did get an Egnater 2x12 Tourmaster (didn't do my homework and it wasn't much smaller than my Marshall), and it sounded as good, maybe better than the 4x12.

I have the Renegade with a rebel 112 cab. I just downsized from a 412 myself. You might need to tweak your settings but other than that, as long as the ohms match up then you're good.

P.S. the tourmaster 212 sounds way better IMO. I am planning on getting a second 112 and putting a v30 in it though

Back