downloading to PC

andyk

I have a MR8hdcd and like it very much, BUT , Is there a way to download individual tracks of a song to a PC program for mixing. I record most of my stuff with acoustic instuments through a mic. My problem is that I can't adjust the tone of each instument in mix down. I have to use what is on the recorder. Also what would be a good program to do this with. Thanks ahead of time!!

:cool:

Go to fostexinternational.com and download WAVManager (plus instruction pdf file). This will allow you to download individual tracks to your PC.

I have used Audacity (free program) to edit sound tracks but there are many other editors available.

Next question, I have the wavemanager installed and tracks loaded in, How do I get them from the manager to my editor, I am using Kristal Audio Engine. I did some searching but I can't find what to do after they are in the manager.

Each track is imported as a .WAV file so it becomes Fostex independent. Treat as you would any .WAV file.
You should select a folder to import to from the LH window in WAVManager. (See insructions P5 item 1). You then recover the files from that folder.

Back