Does anyone know where I can find resources for musicians who want to collaborate?

Kazwell

I was wondering if anyone knew where there was a site where musicians who use Cakewalk can get in touch with other musicians who want to collaborate on music production?
I am currently putting together a hard rock not quite metal but close album of 10 works where I play guitar and sing. I can do drum and bass parts but I thought I would look to see if there were other musicians that would be interested in taking part.
I figure if they also have recording resources, I could send them the unfinished work with a click track and they could fill in the the other parts.

I will then pay to have it professionally mastered. They can get copies to try to sell and keep any profits. I am not looking for rock star dreams, but if something comes of it fine. If not we would all have (hopefully) a nice CD that all parties to say they had a part of.

Let me know if you know of any sites that are out there, (I have looked and came up with nothing) or if you, or someone you know would be interested.

Thanks
Kaz

So?

Kazwell, did anything further come of this? I am interested in collaborating but am just getting started with my learning curves with Sonar VS, the V-Studio 100, and a new Akai MPK25, so it might be a couple of months before I am up to speed.

Ten years ago I collaborated with other musicians by sending them the backing track as it progressed and got them to send me the wav consisting of just their own part which I then mixed into the work in progress. The outcome was awesome

I think the most bleeding edge approach to collaboration that I have seen so far is Digital Musician. It is a Charlie Steinberg project. Info at Digital Musician

There have also been some really good collaborations that have come out of the "songs" portion of the Cakewalk Forum ( Songs | Cakewalk Forums )

Glen

You looked at joinmyband.com? Think it's aimed more at actual bands but no doubt there will be opportunities for distance collaborations too!

I have just a bit of experience based on two different "connections".

The first I stumbled into out of curiosity on Craigslist Musicians Forum and ended up contributing some bass parts to a couple songs (you can both post what you are looking for and also search existing posts for same).

The second came about through contacting a songwriters group based in Ann Arbor, MICH (GO BLUE!)

That was a few years ago, now that I actually have time I'd like to do more of that. I play both bass and keys. You or anyone else looking to collaborate, let me know. I'm kinda new here but I'm sure there is a way to send me a message directly.

Back