Does anyone here still use Acid Pro?

Scott Baxendale

Acid Pro along with the other Sonic Foundry software used to rule! I still have a PC with windows XP and Acid Pro. It’s still the fastest and easiest way for me to build loop tracks. I can do this in Protools, but it’s ten times faster and simpler in Acid. Here are a couple of tracks where the rhythm tracks were built up in Acid.

Really like that song Listening to the Engine. Has similar feel to Bruce Springsteen's Tucson Train which is the city I live in. Do you have a site for your guitars?

Really like that song Listening to the Engine. Has similar feel to Bruce Springsteen's Tucson Train which is the city I live in. Do you have a site for your guitars?
Www.staygoldguitars.com is where we sell our guitars. Baxendaleguitar.com is my old site.

Thanks for listening. Listening to the engine began with the percussion loop in acid. I always felt I was going for a George Harrison feel with the slide part.

Www.staygoldguitars.com is where we sell our guitars. Baxendaleguitar.com is my old site.

Thanks for listening. Listening to the engine began with the percussion loop in acid. I always felt I was going for a George Harrison feel with the slide part.
Who knows, with your permission, I might play around with a Mashup of your song and Springsteen's. Grew up listening to GH. Was listening to his 70s stuff not long ago. What I do when I play around with ACID Pro. Take an idea from a song see how can create something putting my own touch to it. After listening to your song and another by a guy named Austin Counts, "Pima County Jail" was thinking of a genre called Southern Arizona Blues. I used to work at the jail as a Sergeant before I resigned over a year ago. Was there for about 9 years. Listening to your song and Springsteen's and Counts' got my wheels spinning.

Who knows, with your permission, I might play around with a Mashup of your song and Springsteen's. Grew up listening to GH. Was listening to his 70s stuff not long ago. What I do when I play around with ACID Pro. Take an idea from a song see how can create something putting my own touch to it. After listening to your song and another by a guy named Austin Counts, "Pima County Jail" was thinking of a genre called Southern Arizona Blues. I used to work at the jail as a Sergeant before I resigned over a year ago. Was there for about 9 years. Listening to your song and Springsteen's and Counts' got my wheels spinning.
Sure, Go for it!

Nope. I used it when it released in... the 90's? :O I think I've only ever made 1 song with it... (I think I "own" a recent version, from the past 5 years or so, that came in a cheap Music Production bundle, but never bothered to install it).

Nope. I used it when it released in... the 90's? :O I think I've only ever made 1 song with it... (I think I "own" a recent version, from the past 5 years or so, that came in a cheap Music Production bundle, but never bothered to install it).
Sonic Foundry was the best until Sony bought them. I loved Vegas, soundforge, and acid. That software blows away ableton.

I’d like to find a newer version, I think I’m using Acid Pro 7 on a 22 year old HP computer with windows XP on it.

Sonic Foundry was the best until Sony bought them. I loved Vegas, soundforge, and acid. That software blows away ableton.

I’d like to find a newer version, I think I’m using Acid Pro 7 on a 22 year old HP computer with windows XP on it.
I would definitely say need to upgrade PC to at least Windows 10 or 11 to run Acid Pro 11. There are so many more plugins that take up more PC resources that can now be used with Acid. It now has STEM separation as well as can use Melodyne and Izotope which are good quality plugins. I will be getting these with my Tech Kit for the Music Production I'm enrolled in.

I would definitely say need to upgrade PC to at least Windows 10 or 11 to run Acid Pro 11. There are so many more plugins that take up more PC resources that can now be used with Acid. It now has STEM separation as well as can use Melodyne and Izotope which are good quality plugins. I will be getting these with my Tech Kit for the Music Production I'm enrolled in.
I’ve got a much more modern Mac system with pro tools, and Harrison Mixbus. I think I can set up the Mac to run windows?

I also have a three year old PC laptop that I use for my FedEx shipping with whatever the latest windows was then. This old HP running XP with a 8 channel Echo/Layla 24 bit sound card has never been on the internet since it was new and all it’s done is run three music programs and has never been upgraded. It still works as good as it did 20 years ago which is mind boggling.

I’ve got a much more modern Mac system with pro tools, and Harrison Mixbus. I think I can set up the Mac to run windows?

I also have a three year old PC laptop that I use for my FedEx shipping with whatever the latest windows was then. This old HP running XP with a 8 channel Echo/Layla 24 bit sound card has never been on the internet since it was new and all it’s done is run three music programs and has never been upgraded. It still works as good as it did 20 years ago which is mind boggling.
Im sure you know there are Mac versions for ACID. I remember my first PC and running XP. Yeah that thing was dinosaur back in the 90s. I started running and M Audio audio interface that had a soundcard. Loved the sound. Hard drive crashed so had to get new PC and was not able to use the sound card anymore and stayed strictly with a laptop. Eventually got new PC and purchased a Focusrite interface. Thats cool you still have that PC being so old but of course if nothing else is installed then would expect it to run with no problems.

Im sure you know there are Mac versions for ACID. I remember my first PC and running XP. Yeah that thing was dinosaur back in the 90s. I started running and M Audio audio interface that had a soundcard. Loved the sound. Hard drive crashed so had to get new PC and was not able to use the sound card anymore and stayed strictly with a laptop. Eventually got new PC and purchased a Focusrite interface. Thats cool you still have that PC being so old but of course if nothing else is installed then would expect it to run with no problems.
I’ve never seen or heard of acid for mac? Where can I get it?

Just wait until there is another Humble Bundle Music Production Bundle Sale with ACID/SoundForge Pro in it... I'll make sure to post here when it happens again. You can get all the Software for like $15-30 or something.

My apologies. I was thinking of another software suite. Just double checked on ACID Pro site and they dont have Mac version. For the longest time I thought they did.
I’ve been looking for that forever. I’ve wondered if I could partition a hard drive on my Mac to run windows just so I could use acid.

Can you add a second HD? Im not familiar with Macs but will be soon so not sure if it will cause problems by partitioning. I just read someone's post saying ACID is a lot better than Pro Tools, Logic Pro. I plan on using ACID since I've had for so long. Want to learn more from the Audio Production courses I'm taking and use the information with ACID. Big part is because I dont have the space to work with live sound.

Back