Do MIM fender amps all have buzz?

dontouch

Bought a new Fender Blues junior that's very buzzy without any instruments plugged in and all knobs at zero. Turning knobs up has no effect on the buzz. Changed rooms and ran through a nice furman conditioner to no avail. Took it back to the store and exchanged it for another only to have the same experience (2nd one was slightly more buzzy). Store told me all amps buzz a little! This also happened last year with a deluxe reverb. We ran mic'ing tests and the buzz was present, again, with all knobs at zero and no input. (It's not a hum or hiss, there's no dimmers around, and my Ampeg B3 doesn't buzz).

Are they pumping these things out in Mexico with cheap circuitry/resistors/capacitors or whatever?

Is it even possible to get a tube amp set up, either combo or head/cab in the $500-$1,500 range that doesn't have cheap circuitry/buzz issues? So frustrating!! Any info would be much appreciated!

i got one of those little fender champion 600's and it buzzed so i sent it back.

i got a bugera v5 with an attenuator and it buzzes but when the attenuator is on the buzz disappears.

my valve jr head never buzzed.

if you cant find an amp that doesnt buzz then you can try using an attenuator.

No. All amps dont buzz.

You seem to know your way around gear , so try some other tube amps and see if they buzz in the same way.

Try a few different ac sockets around the house maybe a ground issue with something on the line? (I doubt it)...use some extra long extension chords and plug in somewhere else....

take it back if it doesnt work, there are other options than a buzzing amp you'll only grow to hate more and more..

There are many Blues Jr fans so hopefully they'll chime in about buzzzzzzzzzzing

No. All amps dont buzz.

You seem to know your way around gear , so try some other tube amps and see if they buzz in the same way.

Try a few different ac sockets around the house maybe a ground issue with something on the line? (I doubt it)...use some extra long extension chords and plug in somewhere else....

take it back if it doesnt work, there are other options than a buzzing amp you'll only grow to hate more and more..

There are many Blues Jr fans so hopefully they'll chime in about buzzzzzzzzzzing

Thanks for your idea of trying another tube amp. I tried an Orange TT combo 10 at home, very quiet. Does it sound like it's 99% the Blue Jr.? Cheap PCB?

Yup. My Blues Jr has a bit of buzz, but I think more from the lighting effecting my guitar pickups when it's plugged in I think.

Being a relatively new gear slut I assumed all amps would buzz to some degree but reading above, aparrently not.

Plug your guitar in. Does the buzz effect you when you play or record? None of my buzz ever comes out in the recording and I think the BJ is still a seriously versitile cheap-as$ valve amp at AUD$750.

Hope this helps.

FM

Back