DMT-8 again

rommel

Hi
I'm completely new to this forum and have decided, at the age of 58, to rebuild a studio in my home.
Around 20 years ago my son bought a small cheap 2nd hand Fostex 4 track tape machine and then a DMT-8 which he paid around £1400 for and produced what I would call a pretty decent CD on it.
Just last week I saw an Alesis multimix 16 firewire (less the expensive powerpack) and a DMT-8 being sold on Ebay and bought both for just over £100.
The hard drive in the DMT-8 is the original 540mb one, but I intend to upgrade it as I could easily take it apart and put one in then use Sonar as a DAW.
I know nothing about the size of drive it will take but have removed the metal panel underneath and found chips with 2.10 written on them.
I've looked on the forum and found other similar questions, but can't find links to the answers.
Could someone please advise me on the size of drive it will take and, if possible, give me a lead as to where I could get a plug for the mixer (round 3 pin female) as I intend to just run it from an 18v transformer.
Thanks

Back