Distortion on new midi keyboard

TFHuk

Hey guys,

I have recently bought myself a Midistart-3 MIDI keyboard and KRK Rokit RP5's. The monitors are gorgeous but I have a problem with the keyboard when monitoring through the KRK's.

When playing through Pro Tools SE, there is a huge amount of distortion on the sound, and it periodically switches between the piano MIDI sound and this ugly distortion. I recorded some of it with the intention of attaching it here so you can listen to it, but it is just the piano sound in the mp3 file I bounced. This leads me to think that it is a problem with the keyboard?

My setup is this: Keyboard, KRK RP5's through M-Audio Fast Track, into an Acer laptop.

Any help will be hugely appreciated!
Cheers, Ben.

It's probably not a problem with the keyboard. The keyboard is only triggering samples to play and really has nothing to do with the sound being outputted (except for velocity, note length, modulation, etc.). It is more likely that this is an issue with Pro Tools or the drivers for your interface. Are you all up-to-date with your drivers and software?

Hi guitarplayr82, thanks for the reply.

I uninstalled and re-installed Pro Tools when it first started happening as I also thought it was most likely to be in the program, but the problem persisted. I also get very annoying crackling in Reaper.
I'll try to update drivers and get back to you.

Cheers, Ben.

Back