Disco Inferno

It's a clever idea, but until today, I've never heard distorted pedal steel. I actually have one, but it had never occurred to me to slap a pedal on it.

It's actually quite well done, but one of those dangerous style changes - like country and western punk, or ukulele Metallica - a type of music that is not liked by all, then changd into another type not liked by all, leaving a very small number of people who think it's OK. Like the show I did a few years back where a local town council had heard Rick Wakeman playing classical popular music, so booked him for their new theatre opening. All the crew had worked it out when we were bringing in the stacks of PA, keyboard stands a mile high and bass amps and drums. He also told bawdy stories of life on the road for a rock and roller - I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, I don't think anyone expects wide appeal for this one. The band just plays what entertains them. Some people might like it, a lot won't, which is fine.

That was really cool...love the guitars, especially that slide guitar solo....cool vocals and harmonies as well!

Back