Digidesign C24

You still need an interface (003R or Mbox 2 in the case of LE, and an HD card and interface for Pro Tools HD)

Can you clarify what you mean by your question?

It's important to note that the C|24 is NOT an interface.

Exactly. The C24 does not pass audio - it is simply a control surface.

This is a bit of a confusing statement.

The C/24 is not an audio interface and can not convert audio to digital. It most certainly does however pass audio in a number of ways. To that end it's more than a control surface.

Last edited:
This is a bit of a confusing statement.

The C/24 is not an audio interface and can not convert audio to digital. It most certainly does hoever pass audio in a numbrt of ways. To that end it's more than a control surface.

Yeah you're right.

It will do monitor controlling as well as offer 16 channels of preamps.

Finally it has a submixer.

But all of that is analogue, and TOTALLY independent of Pro Tools.

cool

I understand its a controller. Im asking what can I record my audio to? What do I need to record audio?

I understand its a controller. Im asking what can I record my audio to? What do I need to record audio?

I already answered your question...

You still need an interface (003R or Mbox 2 in the case of LE, and an HD card and interface for Pro Tools HD).

You will also need a computer which is capable of running any of those interfaces with Pro Tools.

Gotya. I will get the 003r or the 003factory. Do I need a '' if so what kind '' HD card? what kind of Interface? I am using my macbook pro.

No, HD cards are only for Tools HD.

A 003 and a MBP will be just fine - if its one of the new MBP's then you'll need a FW400 to 800 converter.

why they cancel out fw400?

We'll never know.

They also removed firewire altogether from the Macbooks when they came out with the "Unibody" range.

Interesting to see that they have now taken a step "backwards" to the old plastic bodied Macbooks and once again offer firewire 400. A large number of people complained about the lack of firewire 400 as it rendered them useless for portable audio recording.

Perhaps they wanted to force professionals and semi-professionals up to the Macbook Pro. Or perhaps they did it to increase the profit margin.

Back