difficulty deciding

dolecekq

The Les Paul Tribute.I'm still struggling picking a guitar help please. This one has it all Gibson USApickups, locking tuners. It has the premium features but its still an epiphone.

Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus - Black Cherry | Sweetwater.com

Then this is this Schecter Blackjack SLS

Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 - See Thru Blue Burst, Passive | Sweetwater.com

Then there is this one without the locking tuners and a bit cheaper but it has emgs, now I have heard passive pickups are warmer sounding. Here it is:

Schecter Damien Platinum 6 SBK - Satin Black | Sweetwater.com

To be honest I have never had a high end guitar, so this is a first. I do not have any shops here close, so I'm having to do this on research. I play rock, I like the chug/chug slower type hard rock, like down or crowbar or typonegative. I want a full guitar with a decent amount of bass and nice and warm full type of tone with killer distortion.I know the platnium is a bit cheaper but do I really need locking tuners. I dont want to sacrafice quality either.

I'm also getting a new amp. Right now I play thru a peavey vypyr and the schecter I have is a $200 guitar.I came into a few extra bucks so I'm able to get some nice new gear....I also going to be getting a new amp. I have looked at the marshall dsl 1x12 combo, I have also considered the blackstar club ht20 and the hughes and kettner tubemeister....so please help me decide on these items on which way to go and thank you in advanced

The question is, Which plays the best, sounds the best and feels the best in your hands. I'm sorry, there may be some that argue the point, but I've never bought a guitar via the internet. I'll drive a 100 mile radius to pick up a $500 guitar in a pawn shop 10 miles away, because I want to know it's the best I can get my hands on.
For the price range you're looking, you could probably get a good SG used Gibson 2014 SG Special Electric Guitar | GuitarCenter
Of the three you show, I'd pick the Epi, just based on their known playability. For gigging it will probably perform well and the two midnight colors look cool to me. But, again. I would pick a budget and hit a lot of pawns. Look at guitars just above that budget and see if you can do some haggling if you find one you really like. Take along a portable amp for reference. You can play junk through a nice amp and be deceived as easily as a great guitar passed by because the amp was horrid.

There is now a company that will pay shipping both ways. This way you can play the guitar on your own amp. And if you don't like it just send it back. Here is the link: MusicStoreLive.com. Save up some more and get yourself a real Les Paul!

I'm not a fucking spammer, but you're a newbie who obviously needs to learn your way around this forum! LOL! Check the heading by people's name before you decide who's a spammer and who isn't.:spank:

No, not a spammer, just someone trying to steer you in an alternate direction.
Don't let XploziveToyz blow up in yer face! :laughings:

I'd go with the Epi as well, but because I think Schecters are ugly (sorry I see you've got one). Sweetwater are great to work with. By the way, $700 is not a 'high end' guitar, it's low-middle price range.
I've never compared side-byside that Epi model with the Gibson LP Studio (lowest price 'regular' LP), but alomst twice as much money.

You might also check out the MIM Fender Jazzmasters with the P-90 type pickups. You can pick them off EBay for around three hundred bucks.

Back