Devil Within - collab with Chris

What the hell year is it anyway? :laughings:

This thing sounds really good, but it's about 25 years too late. :p

I don't really have any mix comments. I think it sounds about right as-is. If anything, I'd like the bass with a little more definition and the toms are kind of weak. The snare could use a little more body too. Otherwise, if I had hair, I'd be teasing that shit up right now. :D

Haha....yeah, where's my hairspray??? Gone with the wind like all 'o mah hair!:laughings:
Chris is stuck in the 80's and damn proud of it.....and me, I'm always glad to oblige!:D
Thanx for the comments Greg and say hello to that birdie for me!;)

Haha....yeah, where's my hairspray??? Gone with the wind like all 'o mah hair!:laughings:
Chris is stuck in the 80's and damn proud of it.....and me, I'm always glad to oblige!:D
Thanx for the comments Greg and say hello to that birdie for me!;)

Right, that birdie needs some new skin. I'm milking the last bit of life out of them for the next few songs, and after that the birdie will be fresh in flight with new skin. :D

Sounds really good! Very 80s. I'm guessing those are programmed drums? If so, I'd choose a better snare. And maybe it's just me, but I can't hear any of the crashes. Otherwise, sounds very nice.

Sounds really good! Very 80s. I'm guessing those are programmed drums? If so, I'd choose a better snare. And maybe it's just me, but I can't hear any of the crashes. Otherwise, sounds very nice.

Thanx saads!
I guess the crashes suffer a little because of the guitar frequencies. Yes, the drums are programmed.

Tsk, tsk, you are a picky person, Dave.....!:mad::D
Yeah those backings have to be better aligned with the main vocal.
So when are you setting sail for Malta? All those pretty girls are waiting for you......

I am there!! Just as soon as I get the bigger boat. :D

Great comeback tune! I too was on an long vacation and just got back - trying to readjust. I love a good 80-ish tune too as you know. This was almost too carefully crafted to be on the same level as most 80's tunes! It's way better. I just thought that maybe the acoustic guitar was a bit too forward and too close to your vox. Great collab :):D:D

Great comeback tune! I too was on an long vacation and just got back - trying to readjust. I love a good 80-ish tune too as you know. This was almost too carefully crafted to be on the same level as most 80's tunes! It's way better. I just thought that maybe the acoustic guitar was a bit too forward and too close to your vox. Great collab :):D:D

Yeah, mine was 5 weeks long on my little island....and now I'm back in the rain.....only to find that my audio computer's power supply is broken.....bummer.
Thanx for the comments, Brad!

great stuff mate...yup slots right back into that era...super clean mix and nothing jumps out at me...just very good performance

great stuff mate...yup slots right back into that era...super clean mix and nothing jumps out at me...just very good performance

Hey Keith, back home in Cali or still in Blighty?
Thanx for the comments....we need to bring the Whotards back in the limelight!:D

Hey Keith, back home in Cali or still in Blighty?
Thanx for the comments....we need to bring the Whotards back in the limelight!:D

still in blighty mate...for a few months more, earning some cash for future purchases ;)

Really balanced recording. I too love the smack on the snare and the short snappy reverb tail on it. Is it gated? Love the guitar tones and the playing is excellent as always. Vocals are totally 80's. I missed that decade, so I'm making up for lost time.

Really balanced recording. I too love the smack on the snare and the short snappy reverb tail on it. Is it gated? Love the guitar tones and the playing is excellent as always. Vocals are totally 80's. I missed that decade, so I'm making up for lost time.

Gotta check with Chris if it's gated. Thanx for the comments, Zero and don't forget the hairspray.....! ;):D

Not yet, looks better than EZ though, 3 full kits plus effects and alot of patterns.

i have their abbey road 70's drums and they are brilliant...best cymbals Ive heard, they also do an 80's kit (and a 60's)

If they are of these standards then thats going to be a great purchase

Back