Decent sound card for a linux system?

bendbones

Hi, I used 64 studio (linux) on an amd64...Can anyone suggest a decent sound card sub 150 uk quid? I was thinking m-audio delta 192 - is it supported? I suppose it prob is since the 24/96 is...

Cheers,
Ben.

I heard somewhere that the Echo cards are supported, but couldn't find specifics. Maybe someone else here knows....

I'm relatively sure that any Delta series cards are supported, as Linux has a (mostly) universal ASIO driver. My Delta 1010 worked perfectly with it, so I don't see why other Deltas wouldn't.

Any Alsa supported card should work. Check out the Alsa site: www.alsa-project.org or if you would like a firewire card take a look at Ffado: www.ffado.org (but this is still in beta stage)

Best bet would be an RME pci card.

I have no idea why anyone should want asio with linux, don't even know if it exsists there. Linux uses Jack if you want to do serious audio.

I'm using the Edirol UA-5. The UA-25 works too, but it has a serious problem with bus noise leaking into the analogue section about 3 seconds after startup. This seems to be a design problem as others have reported it too.

**EDIT**
I haven't tried it in 64-bit mode though.

Last edited:
Any Alsa supported card should work. Check out the Alsa site: www.alsa-project.org or if you would like a firewire card take a look at Ffado: www.ffado.org (but this is still in beta stage)

Best bet would be an RME pci card.

I have no idea why anyone should want asio with linux, don't even know if it exsists there. Linux uses Jack if you want to do serious audio.

Crap, I meant ALSA but couldn't remember the name of it. Green chiclets!

I think it is not easy to find decent one for the linux system ,I just know that SABRENT SBT-SP6C can be used on it, but it seems not very good.

I think it is not easy to find decent one for the linux system ,I just know that SABRENT SBT-SP6C can be used on it, but it seems not very good.

Actually, it is rather easy if you stick with pci. Tons of cards. I admit I never heard of the card you mention.

Problem is that apart from the budget not much is know what the TS wants. He asks about the audiophile 192. If he would have gone to the Alsa site he would have found this: http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-MAudio So the card is supported but there is a remark about input.

Back