Dead/soft keys

Flamin Lip

just noticed that my triton had a couple of dead/quiet keys. If I really hammer them, they play.... any ez/quick fixes on this one?

Thanks in advance!

Yup, you need to clean off the key contacts (Unless this is global for all your keys, then you need to adjust the velocity curve in the Global Menu).

Cleaning the contacts is fairly easy, and if you dare try it yourself, then hear you go:
-Open your Triton up
-Look at the back-side of the keys and you'll see a circuit board that runs the length of the keys. You need to remove this.
-You may need to remove the Keyboard from the chassis, it'll definitely make your life easier, just keep track of what you unplug, and where it goes (There is only a couple of plugs).
-Once removed you'll see the circuit board has several sections of rubber strip, that are actually the contacts. They are simply pressed on the board with little rubber posts. Carefully pull off the sections that corresspond to the failing keys (Or all of them if you have some extra time).
-Be sure the little "Button" on the inside of the rubber piece is clear of grime...use your finger to rub it clean and use a air-can for a thorough job.
-Usually you can clean the contacts on the circuit board with just a gentle rubbing of a pencil eraser, or even your finger, and again some compressed air. I used to use brass cleaner/Electronics Spray on the old Korg contacts, but I havn't even dared to with the new Korg/Fatar composite contacts. I'd avoid it.
-When reassembling, be careful that the contacts line up with the posts on the keys that trigger them (These rubber strips bend and flex real easy, and may not line up, so double check each key before closing up). If you need to you can use something like a butter-knife that will fit between the circuit-board and the keys to push them into place.
-Reassemble the keyboard, and loosely button up the case (Just a couple of screws in case you mess up, and have to open it again). Now test it out, repeat steps if you messed up, or send it to the shop.
-If all is good, finish buttoning the case up, and happy playing
-Good Luck!!!

Back