• Ddrum Triggers (latest models)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Roland Triggers (newest models)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I have a horse named Trigger

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
I'm not a drummer.

Just wanted to know what everyone out there was using when it comes to triggers on acoustic sets: the upper-end DDrum or the new Roland.

And after my research, it has comes down to these two.

Hopefully, this will be a poll based on experience, not on whether someone can afford it or not. Hell, I already know they're expensive. But I'm a firm believer that you should buy the best to make it worth your effort.

Once this poll gets going (if- :)) I will tell you my purchase today.

I've been using triggers with my drummers for 10 years... starting with crappy Alesis DM units... both 4 & 5... tracking wasn't good enough to warrant getting the Pro.

If you haven't heard any of VDrum sound modules, you should give it a listen. I have been very pleasantly surprised.

So whatcha thinking?

Chad
www.thelogicmusic.com
www.chadaustin.com

Geez... I didn't realize how many drummers out there already sounded so good they didn't need triggers. </sarcasm and disgust>

Well, for those who are interested... I bought the Roland trigger set. It was incredible. Roland has it figured out.

The Drum module is great for live purposes... except for the snare... there needed to be more levels for dynamics.

C

Personally, I think the ddrum triggers are better.... but I've been a ddrum user for quite some time.

The Roland units are good, but the ddrum unit is better. The sounds actually sound like drums - which is better for me, because then if I choose to process it I can, while the Roland sounds tended to sound more processed to me.

That said, I've got no major beef with the Roland gear, I just think the ddrum products are better suited for a drummer to use.

Tim

Thanks for replying, Tim. I appreciate it.

I'm not a drummer, by any standards. But I love to record and produce them.

We tried out the Roland's latest Thursday night and they worked great... exceeded my expectations... and although I've been working with triggers since 93-94, they were always low-end... this is the first upper-end I've been able to try. If the Ddrums are better, I'd love to hear them.

However, Ddrum was also out of stock at Musicians Friend as well as American Music... I had to have them yesterday... and the Rolad's were highly recommended through Sweetwater.com, my fav professional site.

So I bought them.

So I love them... for now!

C

Back