🖕

The old PodFarm gx ones sound best, imo. LePou are 2nd and solid with good IRs (I like Rosen's).

The guitar's pickups matter a lot. Humbuckers tend to sound a little better than single coils. Also, I used to have an ART Tube MP preamp, and I swear sims sounded better through that than my Focusrite interface.

Other than that, it's gain staging it properly (a lot of sims presets clip by default, and using your interfaces I/O to manipulate the sound) and EQing out the bad frequencies. A re-amp box is a better option if you can play loud for just 5 minutes per day to re-amp a track.

Cool jam and great playing. What's wrong with the tone?

That's what I thought. Wasn't bad at all. Getting into the area of nitpicking, in my opinion. Sure, you could tweak it better, but nothing made me wince or think it's bad. Nice tune

I didn't have any major problem with the tone either, fwiw. I was just answering the question based on personal experience. The tone is usable.

No problem, OP, that's just my personal experience/opinion after trying almost every sim out there. I wouldn't go crazy buying more gear because improvements might be so minor you don't notice them.

As others pointed out, the current tone is fine. But if it's not matching what's in your head or pleasing your ear then you should search for something that does.

I said; " I tend to look at the input"

I'd say the input is good enough. But when they plug into the studio console, everything is up a notch.

I'd spend some time playing into that clean and getting it smoothed out - some overtones may be mucking it up ???

I'm with the gang that says you have a pretty decent tone already.
If we're referring specifically to the intro guitar, it's just a bit fizzy- meaning cut some more highs. It's not overly noticeable in the intro but when that guitar is doubled or turned up when the drums come in, it's a bit over-bearing. Also, cutting some more mids might make it sound a bit more genre-specific. 500-800Hz?

Back