Danelectro reissues

mrbellyache

Has anyone tried one of these? i'm thinking of asking my GF to get my one for x-mas. I've heard they get a great jangly sound. Most things that i've heard about them is that they shouldn't be someone's main guitar, i have 10 already so it's not a problem. These guitars a pretty cheap compared to most stuff.. but if i'm looking for just on sound (60's garage) is this guitar worth it?

I agree. I played one at Guitar Satan.
If you're looking for a retro kind of look and sound, they're a pretty good deal.

I recently checked out a Danelectro Baritone guitar that was one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. I didn't have the time to plug it in, so I can't tell you how it sounded through an amp. They're pretty inexpensive.

Yeah, I looked at those too, didn't get to play it though. Cool idea. They're a full octave lower than a standard axe. Might be an interesting alternative to tuning down or using a seven string.

I have a Danelectro Baritone guitar and I don't know about them being tuned down a full octive. I have the High and Low strings tuned to B, and the rest tuned accordingly. It is a cool tuning. I could not see tuning it lower than that... "B" is pretty low for a guitar. Anything lower would take a bass rig. BTW, this is not my primary guitar.

You're right. It's tuned down a fifth, according to their web site. Like I said, I didn't get a chance to play it, I was relying on what the sales droid told me. I should know better than that by now.

Back