Cubase LE 5: Audio Tracks won't arm for record

SingingSongman

Hello.

A while ago, I got a Lexicon Alpha, which comes with Cubase LE 5.
I was able to get it set up easily, but when I set up an Audio track, the "Arm For Record" button will not light up.

Here's what I've done so far:
I plugged in my Lexicon Alpha and installed this driver.
I have started a new project, and then went into Device Setup and selected my Lexicon Alpha.
I next went into VST Connections and created A) an Input Bus for my Alpha, and B) An output bus for my Alpha.
Next, I created an Audio Track, and selected the busses I created for the input and the output respectively.
From here, If I play my instrument (I've been using an acoustic-electric bass), If I look at the bar at the bottom of the screen (the one with the play, pause, and record buttons), I see the bars on the far right move up and down (forgive me for my lack of knowledge of the terminology), which means that Cubase is receiving an audio signal from my instrument.
Further, if I click the Monitor button on my audio track, bars move up and down there as well, meaning that the track is receiving the signal.
Unfortunately, I click on the Arm For Record button, and nothing happens.

This is a huge problem here.
I looked at a Lexicon Alpha FAQ and it told me to reinstall the driver for the Lexicon Alpha, which I did, but it's still giving me trouble.

Anyone know what the problem is with my software, and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Back