Cubase download

You may have noticed that no one is going to help you pirate software on this site. There are really cheap versions of cubase out there that you could buy. If you dont specifically need cubase, download the trial version of Reaper. It does all the same stuff and the trial lasts forever and its only $50 to buy a license.

Can anyone give me a link to a safe site where I can download a free version of Cubase for Windows 7? Thanks

Yep. It will require a donation of the price of the software tho. Which I will give to Steinberg for their trouble in producing the software.

Seriously? 220 posts here and you have no clue that stealing software is illegal and not something anyone here will condone or support you with?

How old are you?

The free versions that come with most interfaces is surprisingly good, feature set wise, but I guess the reason people want the big one is mainly for the synths and stuff.

I beleive the free version is also track count limited.

And also all of the goodies that create a smooth workflow. LE isn't actually free. It comes with a hardware purchase. As far as I know you get $100 off the full version of Cubase when you upgrade from LE.

Cubase LE versions are likely fine for a user recording a few tracks at a time. But if serious about music production then a paid version will be way better.

Or just get Reaper. It is almost free.

I've got Cubase 8 on my main machine, but Just before Christmas I bought a Zoom and it came with Cubase Elements, which seemed rather nice so I stuck that on the Macbook - however, I just went to count the tracks, and guess what - it was a trial, and has expired with me using it just once - I'll have to dig out the old LE version when I'm back home and try that - bummer!

The main drawback to cubase LE, in my opinion, is being limited to only 2 effects when mixing.
For example,..you have a vocal that needs a bit of compression, and also a bit of de-essing. You're done...can't put a reverb in there too. It forces you to scrap the de-esser and attempt to tame the S's with EQ. It's possible to do that but it's more difficult, time consuming, and dosen't yield quite as good a result sometimes

The main drawback to cubase LE, in my opinion, is being limited to only 2 effects when mixing.
For example,..you have a vocal that needs a bit of compression, and also a bit of de-essing. You're done...can't put a reverb in there too. It forces you to scrap the de-esser and attempt to tame the S's with EQ. It's possible to do that but it's more difficult, time consuming, and dosen't yield quite as good a result sometimes

Wait, what?

I have Cubase LE5 on this computer and it allows 48 audio tracks. Group tracks seem unlimited as I added 52 and they open (each with 8 insert ability). And I have no problem adding 8 inserted fx to each track. Got to 7 FX channels before I stopped adding.

I have a feeling the version of LE (LE, LE4, LE 5, LE 6, LE 7) may be different as far as amount of tracks/effects are concerned.

Which version are you talking about jimi?

Can anyone give me a link to a safe site where I can download a free version of Cubase for Windows 7? Thanks

I realize that their are at least 2 generations of people who now believe that music, games, software, etc. should be free. So if you are of a certain age, it may seem odd when you find that other people look at taking someones hard work without their permission as a type of theft. Granted you aren't breaking into their homes and stealing their jewelry, but the result is essentially the same. The fact that people don't see it that way is more troubling than the theft itself. These same people would be screaming bloody murder if come payday their boss told them that he went to the track and blew their checks on Zippy-Chippy in the Seventh so they get squat!

If you need a DAW, I believe Audacity is free, and there maybe others. You should also be able to find a lite version of Cubase, Abelton live, etc. for either very little or free.
There are a multitude of free plugins out there too.

good luck.

I realize that their are at least 2 generations of people who now believe that music, games, software, etc. should be free. So if you are of a certain age, it may seem odd when you find that other people look at taking someones hard work without their permission as a type of theft. Granted you aren't breaking into their homes and stealing their jewelry, but the result is essentially the same. The fact that people don't see it that way is more troubling than the theft itself. These same people would be screaming bloody murder if come payday their boss told them that he went to the track and blew their checks on Zippy-Chippy in the Seventh so they get squat!

If you need a DAW, I believe Audacity is free, and there maybe others. You should also be able to find a lite version of Cubase, Abelton live, etc. for either very little or free.
There are a multitude of free plugins out there too.

good luck.

Well put man.

Even free versions from reputable software companies can be detrimental. (Recently NI Replika for instance is rendering Cubase inoperable). By the way, I think we got around that now. :)

Imagine the havoc that a stolen/hacked version can bring.

Recording is usually about being creative. If not, then get the hell out of the business. If you don't care enough about yours or another musicians product to actually invest in software that makes it possible without issues, then it is not for you.

Even with paid software, hardware, and room treatment worth over $30,000, I still have issues to deal with. The bitch ain't one. :)

I sure as hell am not about to download a cracked bitch into my setup...

I wasn't thinking about piracy. Someone told me that you can download old versions of Cubase for free, and they don't mind you doing that because they hope you will buy the new version later.

I wasn't thinking about piracy. Someone told me that you can download old versions of Cubase for free, and they don't mind you doing that because they hope you will buy the new version later.

Somebody was wrong. As far as I know anyway...

You do understand how your post was heard right? You asked for 'safe site' not a direct Steinberg link.

I'm not gonna harsh on you here. I just hope you listened and understand now. It is obvious what you were asking for.

Just don't do it again. It is in 'your' best interest man.

If that were true, you would download it from Steinberg and you wouldn't have to ask for a 'safe site'.

That is the case with their "LE" light versions that are practically given away when you buy a audio piece hardware. In fact that is how I got into cubase, then got Artist, but before it arrived the sales guy talked me into the full blown Cubase 5 if I remember. I've never heard of this with old full blown versions.

No, even the LE versions gave you a discount on the upgrades. That would be silly for any company to give away their older versions if it meant lower price for the full version.

Dood is either misinformed or covering up the fact that he was looking for a cracked version. Because of the wording, I am guessing the latter.

Wait, what?

I have Cubase LE5 on this computer and it allows 48 audio tracks. Group tracks seem unlimited as I added 52 and they open (each with 8 insert ability). And I have no problem adding 8 inserted fx to each track. Got to 7 FX channels before I stopped adding.

I have a feeling the version of LE (LE, LE4, LE 5, LE 6, LE 7) may be different as far as amount of tracks/effects are concerned.

Which version are you talking about jimi?
I don't really know, it came packaged with a lexicon omega interface close to 10 years ago. The omega recorded very good sounding tracks but kept kicking off the drivers. That is frustrating having to load drivers in the middle of a recording session.
I ditched the omega and got a presonus audio box (which I love). It cam with a daw but I have just been using the cubase LE that I'm somewhat familiar with

Back