Cubase 12 64 bit crashes every time I open key editor

Funksucker

Hello. I haven’t found a solution that works for this problem & can’t use MIDI as a result.

Whenever I try to open the key editor, Cubase 12 freezes & I have to use task manager to close it. This has only just started happening. I’ve uninstalled all recent plugins & moved (not deleted) the User Settings folder as was suggested in this forum, but the problem persists

I’m using Windows 11.

Any ideas please?

Mick

My suggestion would be to restore it to a time when it didn't crash - then see what causes it to crash - another thing I would do is wipe the program and reinstall it - not the plugins - then install them one at a time till you can confirm it works.

Thanks Papanate

I actually just fixed it a minute ago. I realized it was only happening in my current project & by the process of elimination (it took all afternoon!) I found that by deleting all audio & midi events & then undoing all that, the problem is fixed. Don't ask me why!

Thanks Papanate

I actually just fixed it a minute ago. I realized it was only happening in my current project & by the process of elimination (it took all afternoon!) I found that by deleting all audio & midi events & then undoing all that, the problem is fixed. Don't ask me why!
Elinination is a powerful tool. Well done that man.

Back