crown mics

swap

does anyone has experience with the crown mics?
maybe the cm700, are these good mics? they seem to be fine, and i know crown has the patent of the pzm mics, so i suppose they know about mics, i`ve searched in this bbs and i dont seem to find any info,,, i`m asking because i saw their site and they sell a matched pair of cm700 (condenser) for about 400 dlls it sounds good, and i also found only 1 review, wich said it was a very good mic.

the search function is not working properly right now, so dont expect to get very good results from a search. I have a crown pcc 160...great mic. i dont know much about your mics in particular, but i havent heard anything bad about them either.... and mics with bad performance usually get a bad rap around here

¡ Hola Swap!
I have a matched pair of CM700s and I'm very happy with them.Rip Rowan over at prorec also seems favorably impressed. I'm no recording engineer nor do I have any Neumann's or Behringer ECM8000s to compare them against but I have been working and recording as a drummer for many years so I feel like I know how drums should sound and these mics seem to do a great job as overheads. I've even muted all tracks except for one CM700, panned it center and you could possibly even get by on this as it seems to pick up everything. If you like I could e-mail you an empeethree of some drum tracks and you could be the judge. I've also heard that they're great for piano but have yet to try this out. ¡Un saludo de parte de un gringo que vive en el pais de los gachupines!
un abrazo,
el jordo

Back