Creative SB1394 firewire...problem?

producerkid

Okay, I have been using a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Plat. with the 1394 jack on the card for my Firepod's host connection leaving the drivers uninstalled, hence windows picks up the firewire controller automaticly. I've had various problems with the firepod since day one with buffering/crashing and I figured this was because of not using a dedicated firewire controller. I've got a TI equipped card on the way now. My question is not if the SB1394 is crap (well i dunno, is it?) but moreover, how much of a problem this is probly causing me? The main significant issue i can come up with is resource sharing with the rest of the sound card. :confused:

Can't wait till i can afford my RME rig....boy oh boy oh boy :D

Didn't even know SoundBlaster made a card with a FireWire port. Anyway, it is probably safe to say that if USB/FireWire combo cards have problems because of interrupt sharing, a SoundBlaster/FireWire card would have similar problems when dealing with isochronous traffic. FireWire cards should always be standalone cards without anything else on them.... :)

That said, without Creative's drivers installed... dunno.

hmm, a little less involved answer then i had expected or....eek....maybe even hoped for lol. but thatll do. good enough for me. thanks man

Back