Cover of Jolene.....did your ears bleed? :o

Sounds fine, pleasant voice that would fit in on any of the stuff I listen to. A little pitchy I guess but it's close enough for rock n roll. :) I wouldn't worry.

I agree with Eastern, little pitchy, a better recording would help a lot as well.

Do go back and rework those vocals to improve on your pitch. I think it is just a matter of practice, not a lack of talent. Record until it is right, that is the way it is done.

Thanks!

I agree with Eastern, little pitchy, a better recording would help a lot as well.

Do go back and rework those vocals to improve on your pitch. I think it is just a matter of practice, not a lack of talent. Record until it is right, that is the way it is done.

Thanks! I listened and I can hear the pitchy sound to it. I think it is a combination of needing more practice and needing a better recording system.

Good job.
A better recording system is always nice, but will show up more flaws in any performance.

PItchiness means your vocal pitch is off. The right note isn't being achieved.

Practice is what will fix that.

Make sure your monitoring is up to snuff so that you can hear yourself and your backing track. Hard to sing on pitch if you are unable to hear either or both.

You're not quite hitting quite a few notes - not necessarily the big ones, but the little ones that run between the big ones, with a general tendency to be flat.

If you played the melody on some type of instrument, recorded it, and compared your vocal against it, this would be clearer to you.

This forum is all about recording, or it's supposed to be. If you want better feedback that will be more useful in improving your voice, consider find a forum that's all about singing.

Until then practice, practice, practice.

Back