Cover of "Complete Control" by the Clash.

Yeah, true but that's why it sounds as good as it does. He could still bring them down and make it sound better though. :D

"Better" is subjective. I want the high mids in the guitars to take my head off, at least in the Clash stuff. Kids today, they want it to sound like fuckin' MTV and autotune. :D

"Better" is subjective. I want the high mids in the guitars to take my head off, at least in the Clash stuff. Kids today, they want it to sound like fuckin' MTV and autotune. :D

Dobro is not a good judge of better or worse on stuff like this.

I'm listening to....mix 3?

I think it's pretty okay overall. I think I'd dry the guitars a little, or use a cleaner, less boxy reverb, and still add meat to the bass and drums. That's just me. The drums do sound considerably better than the first version. Great vocals.

Did you ever hear my crap cover of Safe European Home?

Dobro is not a good judge of better or worse on stuff like this.

Greg is not a good judge of dobro.

I got Rocket to Russia, btw. It's not as good as the previous one. I like listening to it, though.

I'm listening to....mix 3?

I think it's pretty okay overall. I think I'd dry the guitars a little, or use a cleaner, less boxy reverb, and still add meat to the bass and drums. That's just me. The drums do sound considerably better than the first version. Great vocals.

Did you ever hear my crap cover of Safe European Home?

Ta very much, Greg. I'm pretty happy with it now. I don't think I've heard your Safe European Home, but I'm interested!

I listened to mix #3.

Sounds like the Clash. :)

Good reproduction. Everything sounds great. Love the guitars and drums especially.

Levels on everything sound good.

Nothing seems off to me.

Bump. Good listen for a cover. Sounds like a ton of fun doing this tune.

Thanks for the free bump - it's my second favourite Clash song - I play it live nearly every Saturday and it was just as much a blast to record it as it is to perform it on stage!

I listened to mix #3.

Sounds like the Clash. :)

Good reproduction. Everything sounds great. Love the guitars and drums especially.

Levels on everything sound good.

Nothing seems off to me.
Thanks very much, Triple M - it's really nice to get a "no nits" comment occasionally!

Back