Countryman B6 Lavalier with a Tascam DR-100MK 2

imagemind

Let me start off by saying that my audio recording experience is very limited :) as you can probably tell from the questions...

I am currently using a shotgun mic with blimp and wind sock going through a XLR cable into a Tascam recorder... I record primarily outside and there is always
unwanted noise I'm fighting with... traffic, planes, garbage truck, ect... I keep the mic just out of camera view from above and it does pretty well but I would like to
see if I can get it a little better... I recently discovered Lavalier mics and it seems that it might be the solution...

This is what I was thinking and please correct me if I'm wrong...
I would like to keep using the shotgun mic in XLR left in as I have been but also add a Lavalier in the Right in...
Then in post find a % between the two that gives the best results... for example using 70% from the Lavalier and 30% from the boom...
Am I thinking this through correctly ?

Also can the Countryman B6 record directly into the Tascam with a XLR Cable ?
I currently use the shotgun mic with phantom power... can the Countryman B6 be power with phantom power ?

I really appreciate any help
Charles

I don't believe you can use this lav with +48v phantom power.
You will note in the specs and pdf that it has an operating voltage of 1-5v.

B6 Omnidirectional Lavalier | Countryman Associates, Inc.

Also I cant tell what plug this has on the cable but It sure dont look like xlr.
I would suggest googling some more for phantom powered lav mics.
Also consider the pick up pattern too.
I hope you find what you need but I'm not sure this is the one.

Rich

Does anyone know what type of cable the Countryman B6 uses ? Is there an adapter from that cable too XLR ?
If there is how do you power this mic ? And will it work if the Tascam is set to Phantom for the boom mic ?

Wow I need a lot of help :)

Back