Confusing about my voice!

SMC_Potorio

Hi! I'm new to this forum!
I have a question but don't know any one to ask!
I'm practicing the mixed voice recently. But when I sing, record and listen again, I think it's so weird! I have no idea it is a mixed voice or something else. Some people said that it is a falsetto, some said that it is a light (or heady) mixed voice. So it makes me so confused!
Please help me guys! Because I have been warned not to continue singing in that way :(
Thanks for reading my topic!
https://soundcloud.com/smc_potorio/mo-ho

The mix is bad and I can't even hear your voice. Try posting something else that you record, or remix this to bring out the vocal. I can't tell one way or another if you are singing with a head voice or not with this.

We have no idea what you are using - some people have extremely high chest range, some use falsetto.
Only you can tell what you're using - it's a physical thing. If you flip from chest to falsetto you will know it's happening.
The high parts need work - your pitch is rough in spots.

Thanks for all of your replies and sorry for the bad quality of the song!
I have reuploaded another version into the same link. Please listen again guys!
Actually, at the high parts, I flipped! But I don't know I flipped into falsetto or flipped into mixed register!

Hi! I'm new to this forum!
I have a question but don't know any one to ask!
I'm practicing the mixed voice recently. But when I sing, record and listen again, I think it's so weird! I have no idea it is a mixed voice or something else. Some people said that it is a falsetto, some said that it is a light (or heady) mixed voice. So it makes me so confused!
Please help me guys! Because I have been warned not to continue singing in that way :(
Thanks for reading my topic!
https://soundcloud.com/smc_potorio/mo-ho

You have a high voice. You start off with a head voice, then switch to falsetto when the music gets more dramatic.

Your voice is nice enough, but it needs a lot of training. It is very pitchy, and it also sounds as if you are not very familiar with the tune. You would benefit from a vocal coach.

You have a high voice. You start off with a head voice, then switch to falsetto when the music gets more dramatic.

I'd have thought the opposite. I'm not up on my singing terminology but I'd have called the first (softer sung) chorus falsetto.
It's neither weird nor unique. You're just singing a song with two different techniques.

Falsetto is like impersonating a female voice. You'll know it's falsetto because there'll be no danger of deafening anyone.
Singing the same notes in head voice will be a lot louder and will feel like it might fall apart a lot easier..Like your voice might split or you're less in-control.

Neither is unhealthy as long as you observe normal rules. If it hurts, don't do it. :)

According to that page, maybe I'm a tenor!
The lowest note I can sing is B2, and the highest is B4. I can sing up to D5 but it's not comfortable above B4.

I have to also say that you have a potential but you also have some pitch control problems sometimes, but you can fix that if you practice more

According to that page, maybe I'm a tenor!
The lowest note I can sing is B2, and the highest is B4. I can sing up to D5 but it's not comfortable above B4.

up to B4, i would say yes you are. that's my peak as well...i tested it a few weeks ago. It's the highest note I can comfortably and consistently hit. Weird to think I'm a tenor, although even that term has divisions according to whom you ask.

I have to also say that you have a potential but you also have some pitch control problems sometimes, but you can fix that if you practice more

Your words encourage me, thank you :)
About 4 months ago, I accidentally produced some notes by mixed voice. But I'm able to use it to sing just nearly a month ago!

Back