Compressors

www.fmraudio.com

Then do a search in the Rack forum to see what everyone thinks about it. I haven't tried it as part of my actual guitar chain, but I use it in the mic chain when recording my guitars and it smokes.

Behringer the Champion of low cost Home studios

I bought one. I bought the MDX 1600. I have used one of the newer higher top models by DBX and I found the gate to be true on/off which I would rather have for most applications. All in all though Behringer makes good gear for the money. I am fairly happy with this comp so far; however I will have to pick up another with a more suitable gate. Thanks for the input guys. Geeves.

SLuiCe said:
I haven't tried it as part of my actual guitar chain, but I use it in the mic chain when recording my guitars and it smokes.

Actually, I find a compressor one of the most valued parts of my guitar chain. It sets up a consistant signal for the rest of the chain. It makes fine tuning to get the desired tone much easier than dealing with the entire dynamic spectrum of the guitar. Personally, I use an old Ross compressor.

I used to use a Boss pedal compressor as an occasional effect, but it wasn't versatile and trasparent enough. More of an effect than a tool.

Back