comping/alternate/sub tracks automatically??

Jason Chinchen

Made of rubber...
In reason when I want to record a new line with an instrument it pops up a new sub track under the original just by pressing record again .....is there a way to set up sonar 8 to do this? or do I just have to clone tracks in a sub folder every time?

In reason when I want to record a new line with an instrument it pops up a new sub track under the original just by pressing record again .....is there a way to set up sonar 8 to do this? or do I just have to clone tracks in a sub folder every time?

That's the 'Sound on Sound' option. Normally it's 'On' by default, but if yours is off:

Click on 'Transport' in the menu bar and scroll down to 'Record options...'

Make sure "Sound on Sound (blend)" is ticked and "Store Takes in a single track" is ticked.

I'm not in front of my Sonar machine so that was from memory, but it should be close...

Hope this helps!

:)

Do you mean that they will all record in the same track space? I want it to open a new track, etc...Ill try your advice in a bit..
Thanks!

I use the layers within tracks to accomplish this. In track view mode, click the Show Layers button. Then each time you hit record, a new layer is added to that track as a separate clip. I used this to get repeated takes of a single instrument. I can then go back and cut and paste the clips to get a perfect take, deleting the unused pieces when done.

Back