Comparable mic to this?

shazzmoe

I teach online classes and record videos. (no singing just talking) and I find my desktop mic (Blue Microphones Snowball USB Microphone) doesn't work well regardless of settings if I don't keep my head perfectly still. I like to turn my head often when I talk so ideally the mic would rest in front of my mouth. The headset does not need to have speakers

My friend uses this for his gaming and he sounds better than anyone else I've heard: Sennheiser PC 360 - Gamer Headset - Hi-fi sound for gaming - Intuitive sound controls, noise-canceling microphone (I tried to link but I can't because I'm a new user)

But since I don't need a headset for audio does anyone know of a comparable mic that would be less expensive?

I don't know a lot about mic specs but this is what I could find about those headphones:

IMPEDANCE 2 kΩ
FREQUENCY RESPONSE (MICROPHONE) 50 - 16000 Hz
SENSITIVITY AS PER 121 TR 9-5 -38 dBV/Pa

I'm open to suggestions but a less expensive headset with comparable mic would be ideal.

key points:
-Don't care about speakers
-3mm or usb preferred connection type
-mic quality most important factor
-would like it to be comfortable and rest on my head

Thanks yeah I am aware of this. Do you know of a place I could go to better ask about the type of mic I'm looking for?

This is the best place on the net.

You may have answered your own question though in your opening post ...... If you really like the quality of the Sennheiser PC360, go for it, even though you don't want a headset microphone ... it's the end result that is worth it.

Flexymike

Hey Shazzzzzzz Moe
I use a Flexymike from the Belgian company Speechware. I started using it for dictation several years ago, as it was really comfortable, head worn, light, and good quality production. I have since used it for blogs, Skye, and even attached it to my prortable PA system to do outdoor sightseeing tours. There are 2 to choose from, a single ear version, which is the one I have been using for years, or a slightly more robust 2 ear one, which I have just ordered to do the guiding stuff.
You should probably also check out the excellent desk top microphones from Speechware, and the wonderful new USB set up they offer. Personally I have like the Bluetooth adapter for the speech recognition, as it allows me to be even more hands free, but plug in for blogging, as that offers a better pick up.
Good luck
Dicky

Last edited:
If you turn your head with ANY fixed mic the level is going to change!
The reason your mate's mic performs better is because it is attached to his bloody head!

If you were doing vox pops in a studio and waggled you would be told not to. If you continued to waggle?? ...DOOR!

Dave.

Back