Clips taking space on wrong drive..Help!

presto5

I have my #1 Temp folder set on my external and when the Adobe Multitrack ses is up the bottom displays my 463.16GB for my external... until I click record...then the 43.17 GB free for my C\: comes up and the # starts going down 43.16, 43.17, etc. I don`t know where all my deleted clips are either...Anyone? :(

I've never noticed it before but I see the same behavior on my system.

From looking at my settings and the little bit of information available in the Audition help file I think I understand what is happening.

According to the help file the temp folder is just for editing (e.g. not recording) so your undo information resides there. So, when your session is being edited (i.e., sitting idle or not recording), Audition shows your temp drive space available.

When you record, Audition shows the space available on your project drive to indicate how much space you have available to record.

At least that seems to the case for my setup.

I've never noticed it before but I see the same behavior on my system.

From looking at my settings and the little bit of information available in the Audition help file I think I understand what is happening.

According to the help file the temp folder is just for editing (e.g. not recording) so your undo information resides there. So, when your session is being edited (i.e., sitting idle or not recording), Audition shows your temp drive space available.

When you record, Audition shows the space available on your project drive to indicate how much space you have available to record.

At least that seems to the case for my setup.
thanks man..That helps a little but I I still think I`m losing space on my C:\ when I record

AA will create an "..._Recorded" folder underneath the location of your session file and that may or may not be where you think it is.

Even moving your session file won't change things unless you move the audio with it.

Grab a copy of mediasweeper and check your existing sessions it will tell you where and which audio is actually being used in your session file.

If you copy or move your session files you may be surprised.

AA will create an "..._Recorded" folder underneath the location of your session file and that may or may not be where you think it is.

Even moving your session file won't change things unless you move the audio with it.

Grab a copy of mediasweeper and check your existing sessions it will tell you where and which audio is actually being used in your session file.

If you copy or move your session files you may be surprised.

Whats mediasweeper?

Whats mediasweeper?
Okay I downloaded mediasweeper but I cant find the ...Recorded folder or "session files in Audition. I also don`t get mediasweeper either...I know files are on my C:\ but it only lists the ones on my external....Thanks BTW:cool:

I also Can`t find "session Files" in Adobe:confused:
Whenever you arm a track to record for the first time in a session, it will ask you to save the session. Where are you saving them? The files have a .ses iextension.

Okay I downloaded mediasweeper but I cant find the ...Recorded folder or "session files in Audition. I also don`t get mediasweeper either...I know files are on my C:\ but it only lists the ones on my external....Thanks BTW:cool:

All you have to do is locate the folder which contains your session file (.ses) using the explorer-like pane in the top left of the mediasweeper window.

Then select the ses file. Then in the pane on the top right you will see listed ALL the files and their ACTUAL paths that are stored in your ses file.

That is where audition/CEP will look/load the media file first otherwise it looks in the current ses folder and if found loads that one.

In the bottom pane is listed what is ALL the files that are in the folder. If you hav e multiple session files in the same folder then use the 'Check ALL ses files' option.

There is a user guide.

all you have to do is locate the folder which contains your session file (.ses) using the explorer-like pane in the top left of the mediasweeper window.

Then select the ses file. Then in the pane on the top right you will see listed all the files and their actual paths that are stored in your ses file.

That is where audition/cep will look/load the media file first otherwise it looks in the current ses folder and if found loads that one.

In the bottom pane is listed what is all the files that are in the folder. If you hav e multiple session files in the same folder then use the 'check all ses files' option.

There is a user guide.
dude thanks!!:d

Back