Cliping mics. What to do?

Psyko

HI

Yesterday I want to record some drum clips with my drummer. We used an old FTB mixer in our reharsal room. But suddenly some mics started to clip.
3x opus 88 on toms and 1x ATM25 on kick. They are all cliping. I put gain levels on minimum but I still hear a lot of cliping in my headphones. On my other mixer Yamaha 12/4 I almost never had that problem.

What can I do? Are the input levels on mixers really that different?

Tnx for help!

The available headroom on the mic preamps can very WILDLY. Cheap ones can clip if you give them a dirty look.

One more question... Does this attenuators also works with Phantom power ?

tnx

Now I have another problem... In our stores in Europe I can't find any other attenuator then Shure A15AS. And the lowest price for that is $77 !
Do you have any idea which other attentuators can I get here in Europe ??

Naiant:

All international shipments will comply with applicable customs regulations, including the HS tariff number, description, origin, and value of the package stated on the customs declaration. An invoice is enclosed with every order. All international packages are shipped via USPS Global Priority where available, otherwise by Air Post. Clearance through customs, including payment of all associated fees, duties, and taxes, is the responsibility of the buyer.

Back