Chibson Thread

Epiphone quality has been iffy for a long time. You've got to play the guitar before buying (or be able to return it).

Sure thing! I purchased it completely in the dark.

A G400 like mine guitars is very expensive here in Brasil (can cost up to $900 -- a ripoff) AND I live in a small town whose only instrument store I never stepped in because it is really suffering so mostly of my instruments I buy without try it. In six guitars (5 electric and one acoustic) I bought in the last 5 years I had a bad experience with two and the other ones were OK.

This Epiphone I ended buying bewitched by the brand in an eBay sale for $120. It was a very pleasant surprise when I picked it from the box due to its nice finishing (mine was the matte wine). Also it came with a honest hardware and a decent electronic. Even the pickups weren't as bad as people use to say. But all the passion was washed out by the bad neck machinery. Squared tall and uneven frets beside a sort of uncomfortable neck. I simply didn't feel right with that guitar. One will say that SGs are weird guitars (that falling neck stuff) but it wasn't my first SG, so it wasn't the case.

Anyway, soon I advertised it in craigslist for the price I paid (a fraction that it costs here) and it didn't long too much then a girl called me desperate to buy it! Oddly this girl thanks me till the day for have sold to her that fantastic guitar. LoL.

:D

I had a G400 and didnt like it and it got sold fast. I do, however, have a dot studio that I love. Not as much as my not Chinese LP of course ;)

I've seen a few killer Chibsons. I flirted with buying one because Silverburst LP Customs are expensive and I like the look of a Silverburst LP Custom but not the price of a Silverburst LP Custom.

Dude, I would LOVE a Silverburst LP. Id take one over a cherry or honeyburst any day and everyday.

Back