chameleon labs

RobbieD

Hey guys i wanted to get a neve but its pretty pricy, but a sales man told me that the chameleon labs preamp is pretty much live a neve, is this true, im looking for a nice clear crisp transienty sound for vocals, will this preamp do the job, and will i notice anything, im using a presonus tube pre now (150$)

Yes the chameleon lab can be purchased from Zen Audio (HERE) and they even offer an upgrade mod to it!

You may want to check out Golden Age PRE-73 MK2 also found at Zen and at a cheaper price.

My primary set is a Precision8, two 7602's, later a mkII version (added on in that order).
I basically kinda got to the point of having a taste for eq at least on some tracks during recording. They are rather my first venture into the other than always clean' side though (a 'BlueTube a long time ago doen't count) so I won't claim to rate them or whatever. They sound real nice, I got busted a few times trying to push the saturation thing too hard.
My only dig might be the swiches (on the first ones) can be glitchy so I watch for that (listen when you click, make sure you have a clean seat.
But yeah, good for all sorts of reasons.

Vocals > Ted Fletcher P38 is my go to chain.
Bass Yes. (will take the one above if it's available
ElectGuitars :D
Snare (I'd like to try the soft clip on kick too but haven't yet

Used the thing on Mando direct for the eq. The p/u needed help! The pre could have been irrelevant.

There's always slightly different, sometimes slightly better. Most often it's just different versions of these really good tools we have available to us.
Unless you're way up into the things to worry about food chain (as opposed to what's in front of the mic...?
"Good for vocals? Yeah. ;)

I had a piece of gear from Chameleon Labs. Worked wonderfully. Then, it changed colors to match it's surroundings, and I haven't seen it since!

Back