Cement Soup

B

Beck

Who else here puts so many crackers in tomato soup that the spoon can stand upright in it? Well you can eat it with a fork too if you want.

Sometimes I like just a few oyster crackers floating around, but since I was a kid I started heaping crackers in until it was more like a paste.

I think it all started when my mom would tell my sister and I the story of Stone Soup while we were eating. I remember getting this idea for cement soup and stated pouring the crackers in. I’m still eating it that way. Potato soup sometimes too. Anyone else? :)

Last edited:
Who else here puts so many crackers in tomato soup that the spoon can stand upright in it? Well you can eat it with a fork too if you want.

Sometimes I like just a few oyster crackers floating around, but since I was a kid I started heaping crackers in until it was more like a past.

I think it all started when my mom would tell my sister and I the story of Stone Soup while we were eating. I remember getting this idea for cement soup and stated pouring the crackers in. I’m still eating it that way. Potato soup sometimes too. Anyone else? :)

The soup nazi doesn't give me any soup! :(

It all started with FDR. He was the first to popularize the practice of placing crackers in soup.

Now crack open a can of Campbell's chicken and stars and be content that you can blame your affliction on a Democrat. :p

Attachments

• BuckSoup.jpg
    BuckSoup.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
It all started with FDR. He was the first to popularize the practice of placing crackers in soup.

Now crack open a can of Campbell's chicken and stars and be content that you can blame your affliction on a Democrat. :p

Where do you find out stuff like that? Wow!

I doubt that you can eat most canned soup any more...like me...it's the soup Nazi doctors :(

I AM the soup nazi. No really... I used to cook for a living, and the title was bestowed upon me after the Seinfeld episode. Hey Beck...while I don't make concrete anymore, I totally get it.

Greg...choose your words carefully.... :D

Oh...and soup doesn't come from a can.

So who's the hypersensitive bitch that neg rep'd me...and then doesn't have the balls to own up to it? And for what...saying I like soup? God damn...too many mouth-breathers on this board.

Reactions: SRR
Where do you find out stuff like that? Wow!

I doubt that you can eat most canned soup any more...like me...it's the soup Nazi doctors :(

I'm not sure if the FDR story is true or not. My mom used to repeat it all the time when I was young, so it may be an old wife's tale. :D

Yeah, soup is pretty evil unless you go for the low sodium stuff which has no taste. :( There are lots of ways to make decent home made soups that are lower in sodium but I'll save that for Soupy's Place--The recipe forum. :D

That's Buck in the picture. :confused: You do realize that this was originally posted by Beck not Buck? :confused:

Back