CBI Snakes

I have lots of CBI snakes. I have them both in my studio and at the live company I run. So fra they have all been great. Of course I am a CBI dealer too...

can't say i've used them other than as store stock when i was in retail... i consider them to be moderate to low end... though they mentioned useing belden cable which depending on which cable can be way cool... IIRC at namm these are one of the guy's you see that manu in house/store brand cables...

can't say i've used them other than as store stock when i was in retail... i consider them to be moderate to low end... though they mentioned useing belden cable which depending on which cable can be way cool... IIRC at namm these are one of the guy's you see that manu in house/store brand cables...

Which one did you use?

Keep in mind also that CBI makes a wide range of cables. They certainly do ofer some cheaper cables that seem to be what most of retail stores like to stock because they can make more sales at a higher profit margin with more ease. I have also owned snakes by Rapco and Whirlwind and the CBI snakes I use are easily on par with those.

Which one did you use?

i once had to do a complete rewire of the FX bay and amp displays i our pro sound room and i just pulled the in house cables off the display case as needed... so can't say which in particular these were... they were alright for the job...

One of the things that I like about using CBI is that there are options available ranging from what type of connector used, how the snake boxes are milled, different options as far as gauge, jacketing, and even brand of cabling etc... This does make it hard sometimes to compare prices because sometimes people will tell me what price they saw somewhere. Whereas I am happy with the cables that I have been buying (Belden wiring and often even the upgraded Belden Brilliance wire, star quad etc....) CBI does make a bunch of cheaper smaller gauge cables that I would not reccomend. It seems every time someone wants me to price match they saw a "good quality" cable somewhere for really cheap, but in reality it was some lame sales person telling them how awesome one of the cheapy cables is.

Back