Can't record, HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Fender

I just got a Darla card. I installed it on my computer and did all the configuring etc.,
I'm having a couple of problems:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>I can only playback waves on outputs 3/4
<LI>Can't record!!
</UL>

I'm not sure if everything is set right?? I get absolutely NO recording level signal in the windows mixer. I'm getting very frustrated in trying to get it to work!
I've tried everything! I don't have a mixer now so I was testing the card by having a line out of the headphone jack in my guitar amp to the darla card but nothing

Please someone help me, am I doing something wrong??

Thanks in advance.

Fender.

I can't speak for your actual situation, but headphone outs seem to me a really scary signal to use as a replacement for a line level out. I've seen some of those with enough juice to drive the two 12" speakers in my Bassman cabinet. And that was the headphone out of a Sony walkman! Have you heeded Dragon's advice on safely using headphone outs as line outs with an inline volume control? See:
https://homerecording.com/sound_card_basics.html

I'd use the line outs of a CD player or tape player; that way you can search out the real cause of this without having to provide new input for extended periods of time. In other words, a hands-free signal generator.

[This message has been edited by drstawl (edited 09-04-1999).]

Back