Can we hear until 22Khz in Steinberg interface working in 44.1?

IN resume:

I tested both audio cards/ interfaces with:

1) COnected in the same Yamaha Reference Amplifier.
2) Using the same ALesis monitor.
3) Both interfaces working in 44.1 and than working in 48Khz.
4) THe issue is with any audio format.
5) The room have acostic treatment.
6) I also listened with an Sony 7506
7) I can hear the difference , the audiophile 2496 is more clear in High frequencies than Roland one.

8) If I buy an Steinbeard UR-44 I will have the same sound quality of the very old M-audio one?

Thank you

For these small "Prosumer" level interfaces, there are only a small number of converters used between all the manufacturers: TI, Burr/Brown, Analog Devices... And those IC chips are similar in design and performance. It's not until you get into high priced converters that you get proprietary circuitry and would notice a difference in the conversion.

The difference in audio interfaces will lie in the analog circuits, the buffer amps between the inputs and outputs and the converter. If you are seeing a difference between the two interfaces, it is with the analog circuits.

And it's possible, the M-Audio could be hyping the higher freqs where as the Roland is giving you a truer reproduction. I don't know if that's the case, but it's possible.

Hello, Chili, I tought in the same possibility. The analog output circuit.

When I talked all these things , I am talking about using it to monitoring ( not to capture audio).
So, when I monitoring any audio format. It is sounds more crystal clear on the m-audio. Maybe ( as you said) they hyping the higher freqs. Or the Roland Quad Capture have a High pass filter on the analog circuit. I dont know.

DO you think I will have a good reproducion in a Steinberg UR 44 ??? I read the spects and it works like the M-audio, from 20.000 to 22Khz at 44.1; The roland one doesnt work the same.

When I went from M-audio devices to other (better) interfaces, I did notice that the others weren't as bright. The M-audio card is thin sounding, your other interface just does a better job at reproducing the audio.

By the way, if you can hear the difference on MP3's, it has nothing to do with the cards high frequency response. MP3's typically get rid of everything above 12khz, so there is absolutely nothing anywhere near 20khz present in the audio. (for example, sibilance is usually between 5khz and 10khz)

I would go with the other interface, it isn't lying to you as much as the M-audio.

A simple frequency range number isn't going to tell you much, and without a dB range it's completely meaningless. A frequency response graph will tell you more, but even those aren't 100% reliable. You're putting too much faith in specs.

But what do you think? Maybe I can have a better sound if I buy an Steinbearg UR 44 series interface than the Roland Quad Capture I have?
I really miss this crystal high frequencies I had on the M-audio card

But what do you think? Maybe I can have a better sound if I buy an Steinbearg UR 44 series interface than the Roland Quad Capture I have?
I really miss this crystal high frequencies I had on the M-audio card

Not many people are going to have the Steinberg UR44 or the Roland Quad... and probably no one is going to have both to give you a comparison.

Well... I think I will be obligated to get the Steinberg and test side by side. I will post the results here .
Hope Steinberg have more clear high frequencies in the output analogic circuit than the Rolad Quad Capture.

Well... I think I will be obligated to get the Steinberg and test side by side. I will post the results here .
Hope Steinberg have more clear high frequencies in the output analogic circuit than the Rolad Quad Capture.

Dood, it seems you are reaching for stars here man.

Even if said interface somehow had less ability to deliver a small portion of the high end that you can't even hear as a human...

I will say that I look forward to hearing the results of the comparison. :)

I honestly am curious to hear if there may be a difference between the interfaces clarity.

Cheers!

Back