Can I record 2 simultaneous tracks w/ US-224?

Jedman

Hello,
I have a Tascam US-224 here, and I have been able to record one track at a time in the supplied Cubasis software ok.
I was wondering if this thing is capable of 2 simultaneous tracks, and if so, how would I go about doing it?
Thank you!
Jed

Yo Jed!

Hope you're enjoying the 224 :D

I just took a look in the online manual, and it looks like the 224 itself supports 2 simultaneous tracks, however, the Cubasis software only supports one track.

Good luck!

travis

PS - If you want your copy of Sonar back, you're welcome to it, i'm not using it. :)

Hey Travis,
Thanks for answering my question - good to hear from someone familiar...haven't been on this site in a while!
The laptop and Tascam are cool for the portability, because it's always one of my buddies I'm trying to record. I was over at a friends house the other night, and tried to get 2 simultaneous tracks working, but Cubase couldn't do it...maybe it's the software like you said. Single track works like a charm.
I'll hook it up to another guy's PC and see if Sonar does it. I do have one more question, though:
I have a couple MXL mics that require phantom power that I'd like to use with the Tascam. Should I try to add a phantom source inline, or just get another recording device that includes this?
(as a previous owner of the 224, I'd respect your opinion here).
thanks again,
Jed

Jed-

My original plan with the 224 was to pick up a 2 channel preamp w/ phantom power -- like the M Audio DMP3, and just use that in conjunction with the 224. Personally, I would do that over purchasing a new recording device, simply because I like the way the 224 works. You could also probably pick up a few phantom power supplies for cheaper, but I suspect that something like the DMP3 would offer better preamps than those built in to the 224.

Good luck!

travis

Good point. Chessparov told me to look at another pre-amp with phantom power as well ... I'll check out the M-Audio one you mention too.
Appreciated your help,
Jed

Back