Can I connect Presonus Eris E3.5-speakers to the Logitech Z906, or will that just mess up everything?

chaoshead

Is that possible, or will it not work? That way, i could kinda use the z906 as a "fake" 7.1-setup if i could also attach the presonus speakers to the z906 setup. However, there are only 5 spots to connect the speakers (1 center, 2 front and 2 sides), so can i connect the Presonus speakers so i will have 2 speakers on the same port, or will that create a mess..? If you have any suggestions on how a workaround on how i can get this to work, let me know. :) PS: apologies if this was an odd question....

A 7.1 setup has side channels in addition to Lf Rf cntr Lr Rr and sub for 5.1. If your 5.1 decoder does not provide the side channels you don't have them! Yes, you are right, connecting the Eris anywhere into that system will spoil the 'image'.

The Eris 3.5 speakers are pretty good entry level monitors/superior PC speakers, my son has a pair. Keep them for 'serious' recording monitoring purposes and leave the crap 5.1 system for fun!

Oh! And no need to aplogise. We get all sorts 'ere. USED to it!

Dave.

Back