Cakewalk HS7-Lambda-What You Hear

jkakos1104

Hey All,

My problem is this: When using my Home Studio 7 for Cakewalk, I hook up my Lambda/USB and everything in Cakewalk works fine, but, when I go to You Tube or open iTunes while my soundcard is connected, I get no sound.

Am I missing something in my Sound panel (right click on the Volume icon)? For playback, "2 USB Audio Device" is checked and for Recording, the "Lexicon Lambda In/Out."

Basically I cant use Cakewalk audio and another program at the same time. Is that normal??? I want to record "What You Hear" off the internet, You Tube or DVD's and import into HS7 to mix and edit but it's not allowing me. I know Vista has certain regulations about "What You Hear" but have managed to add "Stereo Mix" to the Recording selection under the Sound Panel.

Ah hell, hopefully I explained this correctly.

Appreciate anybody's help - thanks.

HP Pavilion
Soundcard: Lambda Lexicon
O/S: Windows Vista (64B)
RAM: 4G
Home Studio 7/Cakewalk

You can only use one audio driver at a time. If you're using ASIO4ALL then you have to stop the audio engine in sonar to listen to internet stuff.

Hey, thanks for the response. Now, I want to add some movie audio to some of my songs so with the restrictions Vista has on "What you Hear," do you know of a way to record or a software program I could purchase?

Back