Buzzing on my Tascam DP-01!!!

refrekitoz2x20

Hello! I hope everybody is fine.
I have a problem with my Tascam DP-01 and it is that I hear a buzz.
It is heard in my headphones without pressing play or having any instrument connected (microphone, guitar, etc).
I don't know what to do to solve this problem! Please someone who can help me!
I have not been able to record anything comfortably, since there is always that sound, which is even recorded together with the other instruments...
Thank´s you!

Hello! I hope everybody is fine.
I have a problem with my Tascam DP-01 and it is that I hear a buzz.
It is heard in my headphones without pressing play or having any instrument connected (microphone, guitar, etc).
I don't know what to do to solve this problem! Please someone who can help me!
I have not been able to record anything comfortably, since there is always that sound, which is even recorded together with the other instruments...
Thank´s you!
We need far more information if we are to help you. It seems the DP-01 is powered from a mains 'lump' and that would also suggest freedom from ground loops but not always! Some DC supplies carry mains earth thru' to the chassis of the device. A swift check with a multimeter will establish if that is the case or not.
So, is the DP connected to anything else? A laptop, active speakers, mixer, FX out of a guitar amp? In short IF the beast buzzes 'stand alone' with just headphones connected then I would suggest it is faulty. You might try moving it to another room?

Dave.

What Dave said. And does it buzz stand-alone by itself *anywhere/any room/any environment* you plug it in? Get it away from any dimmers, fluorescent light fixtures, and anything else that might cause electrical interference and test it there.

Back