buzzing just on my A string

Popnfrsh24

Hey all,

I have a nice Yamaha acoustic guitar (I think its an A3R?) and I noticed that when I play loudly, almost all of the notes on the A string buzz...how do I remedy this? I dont really understand how I can raise just one string on an acoustic guitar.

check the grooves in your nut and bridge...........perhaps you have excessive wear or a bad file job on the nut.
you might need to raise all of the strings to accommodate or, replace the nut and, or bridge or, you could try a shim.
You could also try a heavier gauge string.

If it buzzes on all strings it will not be the nut. It is rarely the addles either but you could check it visually to see if you have a low point under the A.. I will assume you have ruled out the string itself. First thing check exactly at what fret the buzzing starts and at what fret it stops. There could well be a high point somewhere on that area of the fretboard.The second thing I try in these circumstances is to introduce a little more relief into the neck to see if that helps. If you can not find the cause selectively then the best bet is to dress the fret board and re set the action.

Back