Buying a case.

dogooder

I went into a music store in Albany N.Y. one time to buy a case. The owner wasn't there. The guitar had a bigsby and a LP shape. We went through a bunch
of cases till we found one that fit. Sixty bucks, no tax, no receipt, I don't think the owner ever got to see that cash. I know one guy who walked out of a music
store in Red Bank N.J. with a Tele he had on layaway and got away with it. I had a friend, Steve, who stole the baritone sax from the high school and they didn't even know
it was missing! Steve and I were about sixteen and the high school put up new outdoor PA horns. EVs with 100 watt drivers. We had to get them. We went up one night and removed four of them. Steves father was on the schoolboard. So, we have them hooked up to the PA blah blah blah. You know how kids are. I am in class about two weeks later and I hear on the class intercom, J.D., please report to the office. I walk in and there is Steve sitting there, I know the jig is up. We get called into the superintendents office and are told that he has certain information leading him to believe that we possessed knowledge of where a certain four speakers were located. He then proceeded to tell us that if the speakers were back in place and working by Monday morning that would be the end of it. You all know the rest of the story.

Last edited:
Back in the early days one of my bandmates stole some mic's from a church. Even back then I felt bad about that and wished he hadn't done it.

Another time I was buying an Alesis Microverb III from a local music store. I took it up to the counter and the owner rang it up but never asked for payment. He said "you're all set" and I reply "I am?" and he says "yup". Then I reply "don't I have to pay?" At that point I expected him the thank me for being honest but noooo. In a stern voice he says "it's a good thing you didn't take it because I would find you and prosecute". I paid and left but I thought the guy was a real tool and at that time I wished I had just taken it.

I remember two times when all the mics in the church were stolen. I was in grade school, around '66 or 67. It's a good bet that some local band ended up with new mics for their PA system. After the second time, the mics were removed after any services were over.

No we don't !
That's what I was thinking because " You all know the rest of the story" doesn't cut it and it isn't the first time used to describe an incoherent and incomplete story.

Paul Harvey would tell complete stories, and then always say, "And now you know the rest of the story."

That's what I was thinking because " You all know the rest of the story" doesn't cut it and it isn't the first time used to describe an incoherent and incomplete story.

Paul Harvey would tell complete stories, and then always say, "And now you know the rest of the story."
Well, now you do.

I remember two times when all the mics in the church were stolen. I was in grade school, around '66 or 67. It's a good bet that some local band ended up with new mics for their PA system. After the second time, the mics were removed after any services were over.
That's low, steal the wine yes, but leave the mics.

My memorable example is when my band had a gig in a theatre, many miles away. The theatre PA was poor so they'd hired in at their expense a nice one for us. The seating was tiered and went right to the back where the audio gear was on a large platform with a decent view (for once). We set up and waited for the soundcheck. Something was wrong. no noise at all from any of the wedges. Turned out that the day before they had a big school event in, and the kids on the back row had stolen every single patch cable from the outboard rack - so none of the graphics, limiters, compressors and other kit had any cables in them at all.

My memorable example is when my band had a gig in a theatre, many miles away. The theatre PA was poor so they'd hired in at their expense a nice one for us. The seating was tiered and went right to the back where the audio gear was on a large platform with a decent view (for once). We set up and waited for the soundcheck. Something was wrong. no noise at all from any of the wedges. Turned out that the day before they had a big school event in, and the kids on the back row had stolen every single patch cable from the outboard rack - so none of the graphics, limiters, compressors and other kit had any cables in them at all.
Damn kids. Gotta watch them little bastards. There were a few clubs missing mics after certain bands weren't payed what they were told they would be paid.

Back